Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology
From: "cbqbill1x" <kybillhusb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:19:49 -0400

The term may have been associated with farm houses, which typically had a cistern located under the house to store rainwater for drinking, cooking and other purposes. Our farm in the 1950's had one built by the original owner in 1898. Its use had been discontinued years before we came to the farm, after a water line was installed to connect the windmill and well to the house.

Bill Husband

View/Reply Online (#62300) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic