[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology

To: "CBQ@xxxxxxxxx" <CBQ@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology
From: "jpslhedgpeth via" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:13:24 +0000 (UTC)
I don't think that I have ever heard this term used by a REAL RAILROAD MAN...but I'm very familiar with it.and it's usage as what was probably the "official" name for the area of a tender that contained a lilquid  ie  Water, oil etc.  


-----Original Message-----
From: HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@xxxxxxx>
To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx <CBQ@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jul 13, 2021 9:24 am
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology

And also used of the fuel tank on the tender of oil-burners.


From: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx <CBQ@xxxxxxxxx> on behalf of james miller <jimbro67@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 7:42 AM
To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx <CBQ@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam tender terminology
Yes, a very common term used by many roads.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021, 8:40 AM Dave Lotz <Dave_Lotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
As some of you know, I am the editor of the RGM&HS Prospector magazine as well as the BRHS Bulletin.  I learned a new term today regarding steam locomotive tender terminology.  On the Rio Grande, the tank (the water compartment) and coal bunker that sets on the flat car portion of the tender is called a cistern.  Is this a common term and was it used on the Q?

Avast logo
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

_._,_._,_ Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#62293) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [archives@xxxxxxxxx]

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>