Re: [CBQ] E Unit Diaphragms

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] E Unit Diaphragms
From: "scott myers" <myers.scottv@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:00:04 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Oops - I meant Burlington Bulletin, not Zephyr, in my references.

Scott Myers

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 12:33 PM scott myers via groups.io <myers.scottv=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am in the process of adding diaphragms to some of my passenger cars and wanting to do the same for my E units.  Looking in Zephyr #57, E5A and B units originally had full width diaphragms.  However, later photos of the E5s, such as in Zephyr #10, show these replaced with the narrower diaphragms.  When did this modification occur?

Also, per Zephyr #13, the shovelnose EAs and EBs 9906 and 9907 came with full width diaphragms.  Were these ever replaced with the standard width diaphragms, particularly since the EB units were sometimes used as boosters with E5As in later years?

Scott Myers

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62281) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_