[CBQ] 90 Days to St. Louis RPM!

To: John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 90 Days to St. Louis RPM!
From: "golden1014 via groups.io" <golden1014=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 17:17:54 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Lonnie Bathurst <bathurst@litchfieldil.com>, "jkkuebler@yahoo.com" <jkkuebler@yahoo.com>
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Friends,

The 2021 ST. LOUIS RAILROAD PROTOTYPE MODELER'S MEET will happen on Fri, July 30th and Sat, July 31st at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, Illinois—just 12 miles east of metro St. Louis on I-55/70.

Re-connect with over 600 friends and fellow prototype modelers at the nation’s largest annual Railroad Prototype Modeler’s Meet!

28,000 square feet of top-quality railroad models, displays, hands-on learning centers, and more in the modern, professional Gateway Convention Center. Presentations by nationally-known modelers and historians.  At least 15 Railroad Historical Societies in house.  120 tables of hand-picked scale model vendors—no swap meet stuff!  Thousands of models brought by modelers like you on display.  Home layout tours.  The N scale Modutrak layout will be in-house with their top-quality modular layout.  Evening social events, fellowship, lots and lots of door prizes and more!

St. Louis RPM is ALL ABOUT YOUR MODELS!

BRING YOUR MODELS, finished or in progress, for display and discussion.  Bring your models of all scales, gauges, and sizes from all eras.   We’ll have 80 full-size, eight-foot tables available for your displays.  Attendees normally bring 4,000 displayed on 80 tables.  Bring yours and be part of the big event.  Locomotives, structures, freight cars, dioramas, vehicles are welcome.  There are NO contests. The purpose of our event is to teach, learn, grow and meet your fellow modelers from around the U.S.

Check out or new and growing website at http://www.stlrpm.com.  Our awesome Flickr photo site can be reached at St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modelers’s albums | Flickr.

CLINICS AND PRESENTATIONS
Our focus topic this year is Coal, and we've got a great lineup of speakers marked up to talk coal and the railroads.  Here is who's confirmed:

Peter Jespersen
Our Friday evening Keynote Speaker and St. Louis RPM Guest of Honor, Peter Jespersen is the General Manager of Transportation for the Indiana Railroad Company.  Mr. Jespersen will discuss railroad operations, with an emphasis on moving coal, for our audience.  He’ll take your questions too.  Don’t miss it!

Dan Bourque
Tips on Track Planning for the Coal Fields

Clark Propst
Building a “Protogeneric” Layout with Upper Iowa Branch line coal customers

Jeff Eggert
Archives Resources for Modeling: The Life of a Coal Car

Lloyd Keyser
Flat Land Coal Loaders in Illinois, Missouri, Iowa and Kansas

Jeff Kuebler
L&N Coal Towns and Ops

Robert Neff with Kurt Stroer and Chris Zygmunt
Modern Coal Transportation

Mark Vaughan
Mining Coal in the Land Of Corn and Soybeans

Loren Casey
Black Diamonds in Little Egypt (Southern Ill Coal)

Stu Thayer
Unit Coal Train Operations for Model Railroads

Jim Mischke
B&O Coal Business & Equipment

Jim Dick
Coal Trains and operations in the Northwest

Nat Chowan
Moving Coal on the Chicago & Illinois Midland RR

More Coal Topics Coming…Stay Tuned!  We've got at least other-than-coal speakers on the lineup too, including:

Matt Herman
LokSound in the Coal Fields (I added that "in the coal fields part"...)

Dave Lambert
Mail & Express Trains East of Chicago and St. Louis

George Bogatiuk
Soundtraxx in the Coal Fields

Fenton Wells
Kitbashing SAL AF-3, AF-4 and AF-5 boxcars

Rick Selby
IPD Boxcars of the 1970s

VENDORS
St. Louis RPM includes an exciting array of hand-picked scale models vendors.  No swap-meet stuff!  Among others, this year we’re hosting Rapido, Plano, Q Connection, Rails Unlimited, Protocraft, Rocket Express, Oak Hill Model Railroad Supply, Mainline Photos, Arrowhead, Bluford Shops, Micro Engineering, Historic Rail Photos, Bob’s Photos, Classic Trains (the guys with all the Sunshine kits), Red Board Hobbies and more coming every day.  The 1/87 Vehicle Club will be here with displays and vendors, including Sylvan Scale Models, Zycon Models, Custom Finishing and Lonestar Models.  Check our website for updates.

RAILROAD HISTORICAL SOCIETIES
St. Louis RPM includes the largest annual gathering of railroad societies in the U.S.!  15 societies, representing railroads from around the U.S. will be on hand with books, maps, reference material, models and more to aid your research and modeling efforts.  We're working on a few more too--so stay tuned as we expect the list to get much bigger.  Our annual Railroad Historical Society meeting will be offered again on Friday evening.

LAYOUT TOURS
Depending on covid restrictions, we’ll offer home or club layout tours on Friday evening for registered attendees only.  Maps, directions and more information will be available at the meet on Friday morning.

RPM SOCIAL EVENTS
Meet us at Bandana’s BBQ (4 Commerce Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234) at 6 p.m. on Thursday for our annual pre-RPM social.  No reservations necessary.  After the BBQ join us at the nearby Double Tree for a night cap with your fellow RPMers.  Cash bar.  On Friday night, join us for the RPM Roundup at the Center and then a late-night social at the Doubletree.

COVID
See our new website for the latest regulatory information and attendee requirements regarding mask wear, temperature checks, etc.  Guidelines and limitations are constantly being changed, and the Gateway Center as a municipal facility must follow guidelines to remain open. In order to use the facility, everyone at St. Louis RPM must comply with the guidelines at the time of the meet.

ST. LOUIS AREA ATTRACTIONS
Come early and visit the National Museum of Transportation (http://www.transportmuseumassociation.org/exhibits.html) and the John W. Barriger National Railroad Library at the campus of the University of Missouri (http://www.umsl.edu/barriger/).  Check out St. Louis attractions at http://www.stlouisattractions.com/ and weekend events at http://explorestlouis.com/.

Admission: $30.00 Fri & Sat, $20.00 Sat only.  Kids under 13 free with paid adult admission.  Vendor set-up begins at 6:00 a.m. Friday.  Sales end at 5:00 P.M. Saturday.

Want to be one of our scale model vendors?  Contact John Golden at golden1014@yahoo.com.

Need more info?  Contact Lonnie Bathurst at bathurst@litchfieldil.com (217) 556-0314 or John Golden at Golden1014@yahoo.com for more info.  There's more info on our new http://www.stlrpm.com website.  You can print a one page flyer from our Resources tab at http://stlrpm.com/resources/
Thanks to our partners at the Gateway NMRA.  Check ‘em out at http://www.gatewaynmra.org/default.htm.

See You in St. Louis!

Signed,
The St. Louis RPM Team

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61960) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_