Re: [CBQ] EMD SD45 Demonstrators on the Q

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EMD SD45 Demonstrators on the Q
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 04:53:36 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 12:50 AM, William Barber wrote:
I received a call from my boss to go to Minneapolis to replace a lead installation engineer assigned to the Great Northern delivery of SD45s and SDP40s, who had just terminated his employment with EMD. The GN SD45s were the first production SD45s. I spent the next six weeks with two other EMD field installation engineers completing the GN delivery.
Thanks for the info, Bill. I have a photo of one of the GN SDP40's being delivered in a Q train 07-1966. It is in the train with freight cars on each end. The same goes for a GN F45 at Dayton's Bluff that is being delivered. Do you know if any of the GN SDP40's or SD45's delivered when you were there were in the consist with the locomotives?  At least one of the later U33C's in BSB for GN was delivered in consist as there is a video of it on an Emery Goulash film. Stills from the video of the U33C in consist have also been published. But I have not seen any EMD's being delivered in consist.

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61953) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_