Re: [CBQ] Builder in 56

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Builder in 56
From: "little-q@att.net" <trains@davidstreeter.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:27:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

I acquired the train from the estate of a deceased friend. The box is labeled "Empire Builder summer 1956" or something to that effect. I suppose I should do some research on it anyway, but that's the base point I'm working from.

He assembled the train from a variety of sources, some brass, some Brass Car Sides, some plastic, and painted them all himself. He also did an ABBA set of Athearn Fs in GN, but he didn't put DCC in them, whereas I have a fleet of BLI Burlington Es with DCC (and sound; the first thing I do is lower the volume to a tolerable level) to go with my BLI CZ. I don't have a layout at home, and the two clubs I might join both use DCC, so I need it.

--
David Streeter