[CBQ] Bench to honor Bob Knight

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Bench to honor Bob Knight
From: "Tom Whitt" <twhitt86@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:32:43 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
A message to all,

Bob Knight of Sandwich, IL was a very active railroad enthusiast with the North American Rail Car Operators serving as their President and other positions for many years.  He worked closely with the Sandwich Fair Association in providing and rebuilding a CBQ speeder car for display along side of a CBQ waycar which is used as one of the Fair offices.  Bob was always willing to bring his restored CBQ speeder car to local railroad related events and was a Conductors Club member of the BRHS.   Bob passed away recently and the the local community is raising funds to honor Bob.  Please see the information below if you or your organization would like to contribute to this fund raising effort.  Thank you.

Tom Whitt
President, BRHS

Help us raise money for

Bob Knight's Bench!

We are mourning the loss of a longtime active member of our community. Bob Knight died from complications of the COVID-19 virus on December 11, 2020.

With the permission of Bob’s family, we are collecting donations to purchase a bench to be inscribed and placed in the train area on the Sandwich Fair Grounds. In the spirit of Bob’s optimism and love for trains, we hope to create a happy gathering place to sit and share stories. We miss that big smile.

Donations in excess of the bench’s cost will be donated as directed by the family. We plan to have a dedication ceremony before the 2021 Fair.

Donations can be mailed/dropped off:

Karlene Dolder

Midwest Dental

100 South Latham Street #202

Sandwich IL 60548

Kim Miner LAc

100 South Latham Street #105

Sandwich IL 60548

Make checks payable to either Karlene Dolder or Kim Miner and write “Bob’s Bench” in the memo line. If you include your email address, we will notify you when we have the dedication ceremony planned.

Feel free to pass this information along. I am happy to talk if you have a question.

Thank you so much for considering this memorial to our Friend, Bob Knight.

Kim Miner

815-508-8635

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61699) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_