Re: [CBQ] FT Photo

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FT Photo
From: "akskron" <Akskron@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 17:18:30 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Ed, I live about 6 miles south of Daggett. Look at a Google map of the IL78 Bridge over the tracks. The house on the southwest side of the road bridge and the old store (now a home) on the southeast side both would have been North of an OLD cut visible in a Google Satellite view.. Look for a tree line that is lower than the other trees.

If you drive up 78 you can still see the old cut and newer deeper cut.

I have always wondered when the line was moved. Maybe before the highway was built? IL 78 built 1924 to 1930 from near Jacksonville to the Wisconsin border north of Warren.

Ron Atherton

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone