Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] NPRHA 2020 Freight Car Survey

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] NPRHA 2020 Freight Car Survey
From: "leakinmywaders via groups.io" <leakinmywaders=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 11:34:03 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Scott Myers is right on. Raising the profile of the organization and recruiting new members among modelers is in fact the principle goal of the NPRHA's producing and advertising model products.  In that sense, inventory in stock is viewed a service to present and future modelers with an interest in the NP Ry, not a liability to be cleared before any new projects begin.

For the past decade we have managed to clear the net costs for nearly all of the NPRHA's major model projects within 1-2 years of introduction, and the profit after that makes up a portion of the capital to potentially financing new projects that will involve subsidizing, if not outright purchasing, new tooling.  I will add that along the way the NPRHA has developed excellent working relationships with quite a few manufacturers, not primarily by sponsoring the products we sell, but by connecting manufacturers with NP Ry drawings, painting and lettering data, other technical information,  and with research expertise to support their product development.

So the NPRHA has benefitted its members,  and (we think) kept membership activity vigorous,  by making incremental investments to develop an expanded modeling catalog at the Company Store.

Thanks and take care,

Chris Frissell
NPRHA Modeling Committee member (and former Board member)
Polson, MT
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60958) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_