[CBQ] BRHS Bulletin 62 arrived today !

To: CBQ@groups.io, brhs@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] BRHS Bulletin 62 arrived today !
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 16:55:35 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I believe the post office set a record never equaled before for moving a BRHS
Bulletin the 59 miles between Pontiac and Yorkville,IL. Just 9 days which
included the holiday!
Usually it’s 3-4 weeks. Now I feel bad for stopping at the post office and
asking the clerk to check the held mail for it, because when I got home it was
in the mail box.
Tom was correct when he said there’s no rhyme or reason to the service of USPS.

I’ve only skimmed the new issue and already have a question raised by a photo.
When your copy arrives see the photos of foreign road hoppers loaded with beets
on the sugar plant spur on pages 58 and 59. Does anyone know if the Q worked
out seasonal leases on foreign road hoppers to handle the beet rush ? If not
those cars were costing the Q a bunch in per diem charges.

Dave’s editing, Irvs’ photos and the BRHS archive items make for a great issue.

Thanks for putting this together.

Leo Phillipp