Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:34:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Scott and All-

When the first rebuilt cars rolled out of the Aurora Shops there were painted in experimental paint schemes and colors for evaluation.

One even carried the phrase “SUBURBANAIRE SERVICE”.

I happened to be at the Newberry back in the early 1970s when the CB&Q PR Department files were delivered to the library; in the material I saw complete statistical records of Zephyr train performance and photos of the different commuter car schemes.  I’ve not seen those in the Newberry Indexes so I wonder if they still have them.

Charlie Vlk