[CBQ] Burlington bulletin and Brotherton

To: CBQ@groups.io, BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Burlington bulletin and Brotherton
From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:30:13 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I received mine today and it is great.  I know the area fairly well growing up across the river in Missouri.  We used to go to Keokuk for shopping and I took girlfriends to the drive in there. The K&W line ran by my high school in Kahoka and grade school in Ashton.  The picture of the freight near Memphis reminded me of the once or twice weekly freight that interrupted high school.  My brother and I climbed on freight cars in Wayland.

The article reminded me of something else by so pictures of the Keokuk turntable by Alan L Brotherton.  When I was in grade school in the late 50s some Brotherons lived across the road in Ashton. An older brother had a model railroad in an out building.  This was the first model railroad I had ever seen and hooked me completely and has lasted all these many years. I do remember that he had a brass Mckeen car, something I am looking for myself.  Not sure if it is the same people or not, if anyone knows please let me know.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--