Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Sidings Book

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Sidings Book
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 14:57:51 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Dave-

I suspect it is not going to shed any light on sidings from the heyday of service when every block along both sides of the main from Western Avenue to LaVergne and every town had several industries, team tracks, etc..

I haven’t gone into Nabisco or the auto unloading activity which might be in the Industrial Properties Booklet so would like to see what it has eventually.

I do have a Chicago tariff book (IIRC) that lists industries and team tracks but it doesn’t have any map with it.
Just like going to Quincy, Galesburg, etc.. for meets and seeing what the railroad used to be and what industries it used to serve it is sad to think about how much Aurora to Chicago used to make and ship on the railroad….

BTW, great job on the electronic Zephyr….haven’t been on my computer since it came out until now but looked at it on my iPad and it looks like it is going to be a great addition to being a member of the BRHS!!

Thanks,
Charlie