[CBQ] CB&Q Sidings Book

To: <CBQ@groups.io>, <BRHSlist@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Sidings Book
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 14:09:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
As some of you might be aware I am working on a non-commercial digital
"book" entitled Mileposts to Chicago which attempts to pull together from a
wide range of sources the story of the Aurora to Chicago history of the
CB&Q, C&A and AB.

Recently in a discussion about track scale locations Eric Mumper shared a
page out of a 1920s era CB&Q Sidings Book.

I have been working with Glen Haug who has a lot of engineering data and
some station diagrams but it seems the primary Alignment and Profile book
that has survived is barely pre-BN and does not show much left in the way of
online industries.
The society has a 1885-era chaining notes which covers most of the mainline
but doesn't show any detail for sidings.

I've never seen anything from a CB&Q Siding Book  before and if anyone has
one I would be very interested in getting scans of any of the Aurora-Chicago
towns to help complete the record.

Best regards,
Charlie Vlk
Mt. Juliet, TN