Re: [CBQ] Location of the 'Photo of the Day' on the BRHS web site

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Location of the 'Photo of the Day' on the BRHS web site
From: "Richard Gortowski via Groups.Io" <rgortowski=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 11:31:41 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bryan, of course you’re right on that. The Grainger Country was around ‘55, after the domes were added. Not sure what I was thinking!

Rich G

On Feb 20, 2020, at 11:18 AM, Bryan Howell via Groups.Io <tubaman21=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm pretty certain this image predates the work Bubley and Lee did that is in the collection of the Newberry. Every time I've come across this image and the other images in this series, they have been attributed to Arthur Rothstein. Russel Lee's visit to this area was in May of 1948, after the Twins had been reequipped with domes and the other images in this series the Rothstein photo comes from shows the Train of the Gods trainset. Further, the photos in the Newberry collection are of the new depot at the foot of Granddad Bluff.

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI