[CBQ] CB&Q Flickr Site

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Flickr Site
From: "William Barber" <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 23:45:18 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Just a note of interest. The 20000th image was just uploaded to the CB&Q Flickr
Album that can be found in the members only section of the BRHS website. We
still have a considerable amount to add. As you view photos, we would
appreciate any corrections, locations or other information that you may have.
There is a place for comments under each photo. If you have accessed this large
collection of CB&Q photos and documents, here is some information that my help
you.

When you open the CB&Q Flickr Album, you will be looking at Photostream which
is simply a file of the photos and documents as we upload them. Just under the
photo of 6310 at the top of the home page it a row of Flickr created tabs. The
default tab is Photostream. To the right of that is Albums. Select that and you
will find the photos and documents sorted into more than 100 albums. As you
scroll down through all of the albums, you will find locomotives filed by wheel
arrangement  and in some cases, classes, diesel sorted by model and freight
cars organized by blocks of numbers (10000 - 20000 etc.). We have not separated
passenger cars thus far. If you want depots and stations, there is an album for
that sorted alphabetically by town name. Most locomotives are in numerical
order within each album, but in some cases, we haven’t had time to fully
organize the album. C&S and FW&D locomotives, so far, are not organized by
wheel arrangement or class. Our main focus has been to upload photos, which by
the way, we have been doing on Flickr for more than four years. We still have
many more to go and we continue to search. We have even purchased some photo
collections as they become available.

Unfortunately, Flickr does not offer a good search function within a webpage.
If you use the search function at the top of the page, you will get result from
the entire Flickr website that match your criteria, not just the CB&Q page. At
the top of each album, there is information about how many photos are included.
There are tabs to create a slide show of that album, make the photo larger and
download a photo if you so desire. If you select an individual photo, there is
a place to the lower left as you scroll down to make any comments. We welcome
any additional information as long as it is factual, such as location, dates,
photographer or other information that might further identify the photo and be
of interest to other viewers. Photo quality varies. Those that we have scanned
are high resolution while those obtained from other sources are limited by the
quality of the original as we found it.

Please take some time to scroll through the albums section for specific
information. Let us know if you have any suggestions.We appreciate your
comments.

Louis Zadnichek
Chuck Zeiler
Bill Barber