Re: [CBQ] Midwest 1930s Steam and Diesel

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Midwest 1930s Steam and Diesel
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 18:22:02 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
December 26, 2019

Fred - From California to Florida and Minnesota to Georgia, what a fascinating railroad world it was immediately following World War Two when some of these home movies were taken by long forgotten folks, some obviously railroadmen themselves from the cab footage shown. So much has been "lost" over the past 75 years.  Too bad we can't go back.....

I was particularly impressed with all the film taken at SPUD (St. Paul Union Depot). What a BUSY place it was with steam and diesel powered trains from various railroads coming and going almost constantly. This was my late father's world when he was a Q freight conductor working out of Aurora to either Savanna or Galesburg immediately following the War - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL