Re: [CBQ] Red Oak to- Griswold Branch

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Red Oak to- Griswold Branch
From: "Walter" <wohrnell@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 06:06:41 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Rupert,

There is a picture of the Elliott depot on page 161 of Robert C Browns book CB&Q Depots and Towers. There are also pictures of the Elliott and Griswold depots
om the John P Vander Maas digital library at the University of Iowa. Bob's book shows foe Stennett the following "Timetables dated before and after the turn of the century do no
list A&O position here. A search our our book listing records of Creston Division telegraphers between 1900 and 1910 do not list an operator working here. Local historians have claimed
there was a depot here until the late teens. Based on records I have, it is my belief that there was probably only a small frame shelter shed here."
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58499) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic