Re: [CBQ] WANTED: Experienced, High Quality Custom Modeler with CB&Q Kno

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] WANTED: Experienced, High Quality Custom Modeler with CB&Q Knowledge
From: "owl_man_2000 via Groups.Io" <owl_man_2000=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 19:27:59 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

[Edited Message Follows]

I have been shut out looking for a modeler to kit-bash and customize a model of CB&Q Engine #2572I have found a brass engine that is pretty close. An experienced modeler could probably take the Tenshodo Brass 4-4-2 in the attached photographs and make some modifications to get really close. The bell would have to be moved forward, the headlight relocated, some details added and others subtracted. The tender needs some customization. After all the rebuild, it would need to be painted and numbered. I have also attached photographs of CB&Q 2572 as a reference.

My Great Grandfather engineered this train on his last run for CB&Q on December 30, 1937. I hope to get a model built before his sons (my uncles) pass away. They are 88 and 80 right now. Do experienced modelers think I have found a good launching point with the Tenshodo engine? Would ANYONE have any interest in helping me convert it?

--
Peter S. Weber
Great Grandson of CB&Q Engineer

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58485) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic