BRHSLIST
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [CBQ] Coal Dock Location

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal Dock Location
From: "Ken Martin via Groups.Io" <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 08:54:53 -0800
Delivered-to: unknown
Delivered-to: archives@nauer.org
Delivered-to: mailing list CBQ@groups.io
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=groups.io; q=dns/txt; s=20140610; t=1574787299; bh=58a+Z8NYHxwXpjHPLE3ONOimqEXCjSsntyTnN00pewY=; h=Content-Type:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To; b=TeG2yPzHS0AT2m1z3JGSqkt2pMOcmvKHcv9xH2z1RQIxRgk8PfBeQdur86hRyS5cMCj u4v3/fJNfZz+n5ecxPaqMhGNhhOIseU4H7LgK+6guohpeWnkKM2iCH/Egbt4YpJNtXg7U Zbnm7afcsTKwkEz2DH4a8NCVNxjvAEW82qs=
In-reply-to: <0E6CBCC7-375F-4C83-867B-014E4C102748@gmail.com>
List-id: <CBQ.groups.io>
List-unsubscribe: <https://groups.io/g/CBQ/unsub>
Mailing-list: list CBQ@groups.io; contact CBQ+owner@groups.io
References: <0E6CBCC7-375F-4C83-867B-014E4C102748@gmail.com>
Reply-to: CBQ@groups.io
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill,

I believe it is Edgemont. 
Hill City sits in a valley and you would see the hills behind the coal dock. Hill City while it has a water tank and has the branch to Keystone I do not think it would have had that large a coal dock.
I have attached a photo of Edgemont coal dock and the tanks on the right you can see in yours just in front of the engine.

Ken Martin



On Nov 26, 2019, at 7:42 AM, William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com> wrote:

I have two copies of the attached photo of T2 4106 sitting adjacent to a coal dock. One photo identifies the location as Ucross, WY and the other as Hill City, SD. To further confuse the information, there is a photo on P. 84 of the Burlington in Transition book by Corbin and Hardy of a very similar coal dock with the location identified as Edgemont, SD. Can anyone identify the correct location of the photo attached? BTW, from what I can determine, the RR didn’t even pass through Ucross, which is almost non existent today. Rather that line to Sheridan passes north of Ucross between Clearmont and Ulm, WY.
, 
Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO





_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#58446) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [archives@nauer.org]

_._,_._,_
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>