Re: [CBQ] Air horns on Silver Charger #9908

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Air horns on Silver Charger #9908
From: "Mike Martin via Groups.Io" <atsf3460=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 02:07:29 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Might it have been equipped with the "country horn" like IRM's E5 that sounds like "BLONK"... sort of a low booming obnoxious one note sound!  If you look on YouTube there is a fantastic video shot in cab of the E5 with the Nebraska Zephyr hurtling down the mainline to Galesburg Railroad Days passing a westbound Southern Pacific stack train who is running wrong main.  The E5 gets notched out all the way to over 80mph and the speedometer needle is bouncing all over the place.  My favorite railroad video of all time!

Mike Martin - Below is the link to the video!!  Enjoy the BLONK!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3zhPkIHbqc