Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora coal chute 1868
From: "jpslhedgpeth via Groups.Io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 16:47:47 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I love it...I love it...This kind of stuff really "trips my trigger"...Having worked "on the ground" and "in the offices" I can appreciate and understand and laugh about these "antics" which are so typical...and an "AUTHENTIC DESCRPTION" as to what went on  out where "THE BULLETS WERE FLYING" on the "real railroad".  I'm in favor of getting more of this "real life" stuff posted on these lists.  We have the  "Green Sleeve Garter and eye shade boys "and in some cases "girls" sitting at their desks "shuffling papers" and writing letters to the "real railroaders" out on the line about such "useless and trivial matters".  As a case in point..I recently came across a letter written by a clerk in the Q's "Auditor ticket accounts" office to my grandfather as president of the Rock Port Langdon and Northern about the matter of a ONE CENT difference between the amount "allowed" on a "sight draft"  (wonder if anyone knows what that is"   and seeking permission to correct that "error'   Let have some more of this good stuff.

Pete