Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora-Chicago Milk Train
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 11:53:13 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Louis-

We would have been at RB at the same time except I started at St. John’s Military Academy in 8th grade.  I graduated class of 1963.

My folks lived with my grandparents in Hollywood after the war, built a house on 30th and Prairie and later another one on 31st and Forest.

I was all over the abandoned West Towns streetcar line ROW, the bridge over Salt Creeek,  and worked summers at the ZOO bussing tables in the Reflectory (cafeteria).

Most of my Brook Park elementary school classmates went on to RB although some went to LaGrange Township HS as BP was in LaGrange Park.

The Salt Creek club was in Elmhurst.  At one time there were three clubs located within a couple hundred yards of each other in town…and today Salt Creek and the Elmhurst Model Railroad Club are still there.

Yes, many moons ago!!!

Charlie