Re: [CBQ] CA&E in Aurora

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CA&E in Aurora
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:55:29 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bob,

I've thought about this Q/CAE/IHB traffic and may have recalled something that could possibly partially explain it.

The Q/IHB interchange at Congress Park was primarily on the South Wye. The IHB pulled the track and headed for Gibson, IN with it as most of the traffic was produce,meat,livestock going to the east coast. Possibly this "dead freight" was routed to avoid a IHB backhaul from Gibson back north(west) on IHB.

Leo