[CBQ] Aperture Car Digitization

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Aperture Car Digitization
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 19:54:14 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Bill

I found that my Canon MP990 has a film/slide scanner built into the lid.   It works great but the software limits it to 35mm camera film and slides….and it will not scan the longer area of the aperture card image.   I found a program (VueScan) that works with the Canon and will scan anything within the area of the scanner light source and it works fine by just laying the card on the flatbed and pre scanning and cropping to the aperture for the final scan.  I am going to make a holder that works like the film strip / slide holder that comes with the unit to align the aperture cards square to the scanner and consistently in the same spot so I don’t have to move the cropped area.  It also has higher resolution and other features.

Thanks,
Charlie