Re: [CBQ] Great Western Sugar outbound loads.

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Great Western Sugar outbound loads.
From: "James Sandrin" <sandmantrains@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 17:41:07 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Scott: The short answer is yes. There is a guide to what cars were assigned to the service you reference.
According to the Burlington Equipment Distribution Manual (Copies of which were available through the BRHS a long time ago), The Great Western Sugar Factories had the following locations and car codes for assigned cars and locations:
364  Hastings, Nebraska CB&Q
365  Ft. Collins, Colorado C&S
366  Ft. Morgan, Colorado CB&Q
367 Johnstown, Colorado GW RR
368 Longmont, Colorado C&S
369 Loveland, Colorado C&S
370 Lovell, Wyoming CB&Q
371 Scottsbluff, Nebraska CB&Q
To complete the picture, the Holly Sugar Company also had the following locations and codes:
430 Denver, CO GW RR (I question this one, logically it should be CB&Q or C&S)
431 Hardin, Montana CB&Q
432 Sheridan, Wyoming CB&Q
433 Worland, Wyoming CB&Q
Unfortunately, this information is dated March 14, 1969 and applies primarily to Airslide Covered Hoppers and RBL Insulated Boxcars for shipping finished product.  Whether a similar listing existed for the 1950s is conjecture but it would be reasonable to assume that the Traffic Department would have some sort of guide for car routing even then.  Jim Sandrin