Re: [CBQ] 5631 for sale

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 5631 for sale
From: "Erik Spoonmore" <Spoony81@att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 11:01:55 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The following was posted on Trainorders by the president of Wasatch Railroad Contractors

The article is a little vague. The City has reached out to us as a source that can aid in finding a new home for the locomotive and as an organization that can abate the locomotive, cosmetically restore it or move it, whatever the case may be. There is no contract as of today and I am scheduled to meet with the City Council on Monday to discuss all of the options included in our scope of work.

If you or your organization are interested in the locomotive, please let us know. One of our proposed tasks would be that of vetting organizations that show interest to ensure they have the resources to move it. Go Fund Me groups, arm chair quarter backs and pipe dreamers are not welcome! Part of the reason that the City wants Wasatch involved is to keep the NeXt Generation of young Steam people from screwing up an otherwise great opportunity for a quality museum or organization to have the locomotive.

If you have questions please contact me directly.

Thank you,

- John E. Rimmasch

Erik Spoonmore