Re: [CBQ] 5631 for sale

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 5631 for sale
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 15:58:17 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
July 6, 2019

Jerry - I've attached an image of 5631 in better days.  Shown with a caboose hop at LaGrange, IL, on October 10, 1956.  Most likely in route to Eola to pick-up her freight train bound for either Savanna or Galesburg.  5631 now looks to have been stripped of its headlight, mars light and bell.

Otherwise, thanks to the very dry Wyoming climate, looks to be in relatively good external condition.  If the city hires a contractor to remove its asbestos boiler lagging, hope they don't butcher its clean appearance by scrapping the outer sheet metal covering as has often been done to park locomotives.

If the city is successful in selling the locomotive, I wonder IF BNSF would be willing to move it on its own wheels.  If not, then 5631 isn't going anywhere.... The Burlington's coal or oil-fired 4-8-4's never to my knowledge operated in or out of Sheridan, WY.  Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL