Re: [CBQ] C&S Two Bay Hoppers

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S Two Bay Hoppers
From: "Nelson Moyer" <npmoyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 21:36:31 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

GT is Galesburg, the location repacking was done. 5.42 is the repack date. Since the repack date is earlier than the build date, you may have some of the numbers wrong.

New cars had both NEW 4.45 and BUILT 4.45 (or whatever the build date is. After the first reweigh, the NEW 4.45 is painted over and the reweigh date is stenciled on the car where the new date was previously located. The build date remains the same. Reweigh and repack dates are changed according to car regulations, which vary for different types of cars and different time periods. Tony Thompson covers this information in his Southern Pacific blog, and you can Google Tony Thompson to find it, then enter reweigh or repack in the search field.

Yes, prototype modeling is an incurable disease, but it’s not fatal.

Nelson Moyer