Re: [CBQ] Scale test car decals

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Scale test car decals
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@fastmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 14:00:43 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Duncan,

For the placard attached to the railing, I just used the small N scale white dimensional lettering for Burlington trailers in BN green from the Microscale set. The lettering is so small it is pretty much illegible anyway, but you can cut the lines to fit the placard. I just finished decaling the two sides with reporting marks, heralds and placards. Mount Vernon Shops had the Conrail scale car decals in stock, so I ordered one and I will let people know how they fit once they arrive.  I'll probably hold off to see if Nelson can get Ted Culotta to do decals for the rest of the sides as I am not fancying having to piece small N scale Roman lettering together letter by letter for a bunch of words.

The new Bachmann car is very heavy and rolls very well. The undecorated version (painted black) comes with all the various railings and doors to match a prototype.

Bill Hirt