Re: [CBQ] Previously Unknown Structure at Savanna Engine Facility - SOLV

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Previously Unknown Structure at Savanna Engine Facility - SOLVED
From: "Tom Mack via Groups.Io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 15:18:52 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 08:33 AM, Tom Mack wrote:
The thing about this photo is it shows a previously unknown (to me) structure - a large vertical silver tank located next to the sand house. This tank is not shown on my detailed Savanna Yard map. The diesel fuel tanks for the engine facility are clearly shown and labeled and are actually located to the east of the roundhouse (two tanks protected by a dike around them). I'm guessing this may also be a fuel tank for diesel or kerosene to fuel the sand drier, but I'm not sure.
While the extremely detailed Savanna Yard map I have does not show a tank near the sand house, a 1962 less detailed map shows what is clearly marked "Water Tank".

That brings up the question: I know the water spout at Savanna was removed sometime mid-60's, but did the water tank remain?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57130) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic