Re: [CBQ] PRR H34C or H34D Covered Hopper and RBBQ RBL Insulated Boxcar

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] PRR H34C or H34D Covered Hopper and RBBQ RBL Insulated Boxcar at Oregon, IL
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 09:38:54 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
According to "Bones" Mathers who was a Q/BN switchman and then brakeman/Condr. Love Bros at Aurora,IL received Michigan dune sand for foundry use in eastern marked cars that originated along Lake Michigan in the lower part of Michigan.

So your theory could be correct. From the Oregon picture the Pennsylvania CH seems to be lined up with the Mt Morris cars. On the other hand I seem to recall a setup off the CB&N track for aggregate unloading for a concrete plant.

Leo Phillipp