Re: [CBQ] Steam Derrick

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Steam Derrick
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 17:13:52 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
March 4, 2019

Hol and Duncan - My mistake..... The image itself is indeed ID'd as K&W.  I inadvertently put down TP&W in the text.  Thanks for catching that.  As for the wrecked locomotive, I've enlarged the image and I can not make out a third driver. From the placement of the bell behind the missing stack and the rounded sand and steam dome plus Belpaire firebox, I think the locomotive has the proportions of a Class A-6 4-4-0 type such as shown at the bottom of page 35 in the Corbin Book.  In any event, derrick 204325 has its work cut out for it in dragging the wrecked locomotive up the embankment and back onto the rails. Best Regards - Louis