Re: [CBQ] Savanna Yard East End Switching Leads

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Savanna Yard East End Switching Leads
From: "Bud Linroth" <wcman8@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:26:01 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hello Tom and group.  The wood structures (pens) are the stockyards and the wood small building is a section house or a trackriders motor car  house.  The stock yards had a stub track running east off of the yard lead.  If you had stock on the rear end, the switch engine would be in the clear on the stockyard track and would stop the train when it cleared the switch and reach out and get the way car and the stock and spot it for unloading.  The stock from Galesburg came in on #89 which terminated at Savanna.