[CBQ] Q 50T coaling stations

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Q 50T coaling stations
From: "Eric Mumper" <eric.mumper@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 08:24:43 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Group,

The BRHS CD on Q coaling stations arrived yesterday and to my pleasant surprise had a diagram for the Streator coaling station.  The odds of finding a picture of this are slim to none since it sat on the main a bit to the north of the area where the steamers were parked.  The good thing is it looks like Oakland, Nebraska and Clarinda, Iowa are basically the same.  The one in Clarinda says it was moved to E. St. Louis in 1945.  Would anyone have or know of pictures of either of these coaling stations?  Being in E. St. Louis brings the odds of a picture way up and it may be in a background of a picture in one of the books.  I am going through them now.  The TRRA historical group may be of help as well although I am not a member there.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric Mumper
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56160) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic