Re: [CBQ] TCZ Power?

To: "CBQ@groups.io Group Moderators" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] TCZ Power?
From: "Patrick Egan" <padraice38@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 01:29:05 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
What was really great was on the west side of the campus, the Milwaukee was running Ten Wheelers and Pacifics on mixed trains every day for three of those four years. I suspect the types of engines had something to do with short rigid wheelbases and going over the pontoon bridges to Iowa. The Q produced 2 steamers in four years. A Hudson appeared on the second day I was there, running light. About 2 weeks before I graduated, the Q piled up on the Milwaukee diamonds a mile south of the campus, and an O5 came by hauling some sort of work equipment. I figured I was in fat city after I saw that Hudson, and for 4 years, nothing but streamliners, freight trains hauled by 2,3 and 4 unit graybacks, and every other day, a northbound peddler freight, with a Geep and a caboose, each in no particular place in the train, and a guy on the top of the first car. I never saw a southbound peddler, ever. There must have been a yard in Minneapolis, full of Geeps.

Pat

Pat

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56124) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic