Re: [CBQ] High/Wide Loads

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] High/Wide Loads
From: "Nolen Null via Groups.Io" <NNull=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 01:56:39 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Along that same vein, I recall watching them hump cars at the westbound hump in Galesburg in the mid 1960's.  Flats loaded with IH self propelled combines, shiny bright red new ones, clearly placarded "DO NOT HUMP"--over the hump they went!!  I, being young and naive, asked the pin puller why they did this when it clearly said "DO NOT HUMP".  The response was:  "It's just easier.  It would take too long to cut it out and switch it.  We buy 1 or 2 a year."  Depending on the model, nowadays that could cost them bout a million bucks a piece.

Nolen Null