Re: [CBQ] CBQ Speeder Colors and Photos

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CBQ Speeder Colors and Photos
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 12:55:26 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Here is a photo of an early Fairmont speeder, an MX3 which is lettered CBQ X17. The Fairmont MX3 was a gang car, designed to carry 8-12 men. I would say this photo dates from the late teens. The first Fairmont speeder was built in 1909.

The photo is from Fairmont Railways Motor Co archives. These photos now reside at the Martin Co Historical Society in Fairmont MN.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org