Re: [CBQ] Way car CBQ14699

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Way car CBQ14699
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 08:39:29 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

More likely the local committee didn’t know as there were no railroad historians involved. They just knew the railroad went through town and they wanted a caboose for their display, any caboose. I have seen many cabooses “stuffed and mounted” that were not correct for the location, repainted for a road that had nothing to do with their heritage. Most likely this local committee went looking for a caboose and the railroad provided one. But somewhere along the trail some “expert” provided the wrong diagnosis as to heritage and other unknowing folks accepted the “expert’s” report.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org