Re: [CBQ] Tracked Steam Shovels

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Tracked Steam Shovels
From: "HOL WAGNER" <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 14:20:48 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Brian:

Having served for over 30 years as editor of Rocky Mountain Construction magazine and dealing with heavy equipment on a daily basis, I can assure you John is correct in his assessment of these two machines.  The dragline with the wooden cab body (also called the house) and the number ending in 02 is likely also a product of Northwest Engineering.  And the scene is almost certainly just south of Deadwood, S.D., where highway US-85/385 paralleled the Q and Whitewood Creek up from Pluma.  The final photo is in an entirely different area and shows some sort of construction underway, though for the life of me I cannot figure out what.

Hol