Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 18:19:30 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
April 10, 2018

Norm - BULKO Oil, now that brings back some memories. Living in nearby Downers Grove, my Dad bought all the gas for his CB&Q company ford sedan and our personal Ford sedan at BULKO.  I vaguely recall that regular gas was something like $0.50 a gallon (probably less in the early-to-mid-1960s).  Since both my Dad and Mom were heavy smokers, they bought their cigarettes by the carton there (a couple of dollars per carton). I remember the elevated gasoline storage tanks there with BULKO painted on them.  Don't remember any rail spur so they probably got their gas by tanker truck. A long time ago..... Thanks - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL