[CBQ] Batavia Presentation

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Batavia Presentation
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:17:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I want to thank the 98 folks who attended last Sunday's presentation on
Batavia's RRs.
It is encouraging as a speaker to have this level of interest displayed.
The venue was the repurposed Appleton Wind Mill plant. A very nice facility now
serving as a government facility.
The BRHS company store was busy and even sold out of a couple items specific to
Batavia. Even Batavia's mayor attended !

A special thank you to several BRHS members for furnishing photos or documents,
Jon Habegger,Phil Weibler, Phil Dahl and anyone I'm forgetting.

Special thank you to Nancy and Scott Stearns for helping staff the store along
with a very sick Tom Whitt.

A big thank you to the CNWHS and archive for their help and to Friends of the
BN. We cross sold publications from both of those groups that were quickly
purchased.The proceeds helped all our organizations.

Finally thanks are in order to our host the Batavia Historical Society and its'
partner the Batavia Park district.

Next station stop is Westmont. Hope to see on April 22nd.

Leo Phillipp

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55285): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/message/55285
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/topic/16303724