Re: [CBQ] HT 10 Coal Hoppers

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] HT 10 Coal Hoppers
From: "Ken Martin" <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 06:32:21 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
According to the Data Sheet on the 70 ton Triple Hoppers (out of stock in the
company store) they were painted Mineral red and lettered in white with
“Everywhere West” on both sides. Ten of the original order were lettered the
same but were painted orange with black lettering due to having Timken
Bearings. They were later painted red.

the 150 HT-10C cars built for the C&S were painted with the Chinese Red body
and gothic lettering. They had block gothic “Everywhere West” on one side with
“Way of the Zephyrs” on the other (left) side.

the HT-10D’s which were cars rebuilt with outside bracing and were painted
black with white lettering and did not have the slogans applied.

So all the Q offset sides had “Everywhere West” on both sides The C&S had it on
one side and “Way of the Zephyrs" on the other. Your friend might be thinking
of hte  “Way of the Zephyrs” lettering instead.

Ken Martin

> On Mar 21, 2018, at 5:47 AM, dr strangelove via Groups.Io
> <kaiserwillieii0815=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
> I finally got someone to start making batches of HT10 coal hoppers. He is
> kind of a one man show, and he has it in his head, that only cars from the
> C&S were marked "EVERYWHERE WEST" . I have Burlington Bulletin 35 (2 of
> them!) but perhaps I need the orders on how to paint and stencil the cars, if
> anyone has them. I really want some nice red pre 1960 cars, but he is kind of
> stubborn and I don't want to wind up with the wrong cars.  Thanks!

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55260): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/message/55260
View All Messages In Topic (3): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/topic/15909188
New Topic: https://groups.io/g/CBQ/post