Re: [CBQ] Denver Zephyr decals

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Denver Zephyr decals
From: "BRIAN PAUL EHNI" <bpehni@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 08:43:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Or use the Zephyr font from RailFonts. http://www.railfonts.com

Thanks!
--

/Users/behni/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_503683603
Brian Ehni

From: "CBQ groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io> on behalf of "John Mitchell via Groups.Io" <icrr1680=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 11:55 PM
To: "CBQ groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:32 PM, Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net> wrote:

   After finally scoring an HO Shoreham Shops #CBQ10

Dome/Lounge/Observation- car I am getting ready to start finishing my

1956 Vista-Dome Denver Zephyr by applying decals, tinted window glazing

and blinds. Much to my dismay I have found that there are no

commercially available decal sets for doing the car names for the '56

Vista-Dome Denver Zephyr!!! Micro-Scale made a set 20+ years ago and so

did Shoreham Shops/Railway Classics. I even thought I had some scraps

left over from the old Micro-Scale sets in my workshop- but you know how

that goes! What I really need are the Car Names (ie. Silver

Brand/Buckle, Silver Swan/Pelican, Silver Veranda/Chateau, Silver

Kettle/Cup etc.) and I am not concerned with the B U R L I N G T O N

decals for the letterboard. I had properly spaced sets of those custom

made a few years ago- and they can be applied to any of the Budd SS

cars. Do any fellow 'Q' modelers have a spare SSL/Railway Classics set

of 1956 Denver Zephyr decals or even the set made my Micro-Scale? I

don't care if they have been used as long as enough correct DZ car names

are left to do a train. I am also not picky on the car names as long as

they are correct for the DZ. Of all the decal sets available from

Micro-Scale, Pre-war Budd cars, Post-War Budd cars, early Denver

Zephyr/Texas Zephyr, not one set has the proper car names for the '56

DZ!!! If you are willing to part with a decal set, or partial set-

contact me at <trains28@bresnan.net> Thanks in advance!

John Olson, Billings, Mt

--

John Olson- owner

Jim's Junction

811B 16th St. West

Billings, Mt 59102

406-259-5354

<www.jimsjunction.com>

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55222) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service