Re: [CBQ] Intermountain HO HC-1

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Intermountain HO HC-1
From: "Eric Mumper" <eric.mumper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 13:41:41 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Dave,

I assume that means you do not have Railway Prototype Cyclopedia 30?  This is an outstanding reference on these cars and more up to date than the Burlington Bulletin.  Do you have color photos of these cars in the original scheme?  Black and white photos do not reach any type of conclusion whatsoever.  I can look at them and reach whatever conclusion I want based on my mood.  I am going to reply off-list to you with a scan of the color photo.  I do not own the rights to the photo and will not post it to the group.

As for color photos of these cars, most are either the later brown scheme or the MOW orange.  Not that those photos all show a black roof and black hopper bottoms.  My assumption is the paint shops did not start doing this in 1958 and later, but had been doing this all along.

As I said, this is a tricky subject and I used to be on the all mineral red bandwagon.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55206) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service