[CBQ] Intermountain HO HC-1

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Intermountain HO HC-1
From: "Eric Mumper" <eric.mumper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 13:09:14 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Group,

Intermountain has HO scale Q HC-1 covered hoppers with the correct type 3 latching mechanisms in the pipeline for production on their website and as reported in the latest Zephyr on p26.  The paint scheme is mostly correct and conforms to the latest information I have seen with a black roof and black hopper bottoms.  The latest information shown here:
http://www.intermountain-railway.com/ho/html/48686.htm

now has an all mineral red paint job.  Does anybody know who is advising them and is it someone from BRHS?  This is a tricky subject as there are very few color photos of these cars in original paint and no Q paint specs as far as I know.  The only color photo in the original scheme I know of is on page 99 of Railway Prototype Cyclopedia 30 and clearly shows the black roof and hopper bottoms.  The text explains:  The sides, ends, slope sheets, and AB brake parts received mineral red paint.  Black car cement was applied to the roof, hopper bottoms, and outlets.  The trucks were also black.

If anybody has more information regarding the correct paint on these, I would like to know and pass it on to Intermountain.

Eric Mumper
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55204) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service