[CBQ] Batavia's Railroads Presentation on March 25th

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Batavia's Railroads Presentation on March 25th
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 20:39:07 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Palm Sunday afternoon at 2:00PM the Burlington Route Historical Society and
the Batavia Historical Society is presenting an overview of the history of the
three RRs that served Batavia with 6 different lines. I will discuss the
Burlingtons, Chicago and North Westerns and the Chicago,Aurora and Elgin lines
in detail, along with an overview of Batavia's industries and the railroads
recreation parks. Yes,Batavia was possibly the only town with two RR owned
parks that literally brought thousands to town on summer weekends. All are
welcome to attend. The BRHS will have our publications available, some of which
have Batavia specific articles and also the CNWHS publication that contains my
article on the history of the CNW line from Geneva to Aurora that served
Batavia.

The presentation is open to all. Location is the Batavia  City Council
Chambers,100 North island Ave., Batavia,IL.
Batavia's depot museum, less than two blocks from the presentation, will be
open extended hours that day so participants can enjoy both the museum and the
presentation.

Leo Phillipp
Director and V.P. Operations BRHS

Groups.io Links: