Re: [CBQ] Lonsdale?????

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Lonsdale?????
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:02:28 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1510232555; bh=d5zpImBVIlF4rIqphx8r6rrQ7+G1ya41UKQsFDBH4/M=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=1T0bPQth/DjAdLYWmJT324/y3sL5wxw21yDUG56g2EiK1rnirsr45BUtHmW4dimqBeuOc5whK3sNpvHsUNP/AlQFtSHF7Zy5UPUpgVyOxifyiAaGZvqjYhQb4nzeFZrrVr9h7aPlqvtM3GuyH7su3qvG5pPmnNwMLaZoyU916aQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Charlie
That might be as good as it gets "a few local residents with that name"
Often in research you need to look in City Directories.  In a recent research project  in letters there was the name Neville and Nevill.  Which was correct and in looking at city directory it was in fact Nevill as that was the owners name.  Some times stations got named after builders (both house developments and RR personal) and parts of names  Dayman  Day and Zimmerman the first operators of the Burlington Army Ammo Plant and in some cases a name spelled backwards.
LOVEDALE was early on the site of a gold and silver processing smelter.  When that went bust the buildings became the site of an expansion of the Love Bros Foundry.  Main plant was behind the Old Aurora Depot(1932)  Love Bros even put in their own foot bridge over the Fox River to allow workers to live on both sides of the river at that location.  In later years the buildings were part of a plant that made fiberglass insulation.  Coal inbound in Western Maryland hoppers.
Sometimes all we can come up with is more Questions
Steve in SC