[CBQ] Fall Meet steam train ride on Friday Oct. 6th update

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Fall Meet steam train ride on Friday Oct. 6th update
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 15:07:41 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jim Davidson and I made a trip to the Silver Creek and Stephenson RR today in
final preparation for our BRHS Fall Meet ride on 10/6 at Freeport. The museum
and railroad staffs have a great visit and rides planned for our group.
We were assured that the train will operate the standard runs,  but also make
partial runs until all BRHS members who want to ride in the beautiful wood
Burlington waycar have done so. How many people (other than only a few of us
older rr veterans) do you know that can state they've ridden in an operating,
friction bearing, wooden Burlington waycar ? The operation is for the BRHS only
so we will have exclusive use of the train and museum.
There are plenty of seats for all on the covered flat cars for general riding
and easily 12 or so folks can comfortably ride in the spotless waycar each run.

The engine tender is full of dried wood, not coal. For those waiting to ride;
the beautiful reproduction I.C. Depot will be open and is full of local
Railroadiana and photos. The service barn will be open for visiting. The museum
across the street is where lunch will be served. There are many antique
cars,trucks,fire equipment, small steam engines and hundreds of antiques to see
inside.

I will be hanging a pair of BR kerosene markers on the waycar for the rides to
add a little
authenticity. If anyone has a pair of white class flags the Locomotive is
equipped to display them during the extra runs.

Don't worry about boarding and unloading from the train. The museum staff has
it covered in very nice style and ease with elevated platforms.

If you're planning to attend please get your registrations in so we can advise
the museum the number of lunches to have prepared.

If you would like a preview go to "The Freeport Show" on the Internet.

Thanks,
Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com