[CBQ] Class G-3 converted to shop switchers in 1931

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Class G-3 converted to shop switchers in 1931
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 20:37:12 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm using the Steam Locomotives of the Burlington by Corbin and Kerka as my
main reference for my research on shop switcher 300.
This loco. Was built as a G-3 at Aurora in 1900. Then converted to a shop
switcher in 1931. I am wondering where the conversion was done.

There are pictures of the 300 at Eola in 1937. Followed by the 302 as
Roundhouse switcher at that location in 1939 in the book. I've seen pictures of
Eola Roundhouse in its full compliment when there was a powerhouse,etc. also
have one with something like 85 men on the turntable as Roundhouse forces. As
far as I can determine assignment sheets don't list shop engines until the end
of steam.

I'd be interested in knowing what would cause these little guys to be moved
from location to location. Surely the Roundhouse forces could handle what these
locos needed ?

Also can't locate any scrapping,info. On these locos.

All this digging started because there's a photo of 300 on eBay that's states
it's at Eola.
Let me assure you Eola never had stall doors like those shown.

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com